- Leaders find what works and replicate it — Digital leaders are able to transform three times as many processes as laggards. They are always seeking out ways to reuse technology across their organizations.
- Leaders see new adopting new technology as a strategic, not just operational move — 83% of leaders in the Accenture study agree that it is important to decouple data from legacy infrastructure, compared with 37% for the laggards, who tend to patch and maintain, while companies in the middle may see moving from data centre to the cloud as a “lift-and-shift” move to cut costs. Leaders, on the other hand, see the cloud not simply as a data centre, but as a catalyst for innovation across silos and businesses.
- Leaders do not take a wait-and-see attitude — When asking companies about their adoption of 28 different technologies, the Accenture study found that while most companies hold back, the leaders leap forward. Most laggards prefer to experiment with new tech on the leading edge, but do not plan or follow through with the innovations of new technologies into their core processes. Consider Software as a Service (SaaS) through the cloud as an example. About 20% of leaders adopted SaaS five years ago, compared to 8% of laggards. Today, 90% of leaders are confident of their SaaS expertise, compared to 29% of laggards.
- Leaders are firm believers in upskilling employees — Leaders use technologies to make work more engaging while simultaneously realizing efficiency gains, the Accenture team noted. These activities can help to strengthen their relationships with employees. Around 86% percent of leaders use experiential learning in combination with intelligent technologies such as AI, analytics and machine learning to predict and match worker training with required job skills and even rewrite job descriptions, compared to 35% of laggards.
- Leaders don’t believe in boundaries when it comes to both technology and human potential — Leaders, by embracing technology strategies built on systems that are boundaryless, adaptable and radically human, position their organizations to become increasingly agile and innovative. By taking this approach, they can manage technology investments and track their value, even for relatively new areas. About 94% of leaders track the value of AI-based automation, versus 47% of laggards.
If you are thinking of making a change in how your IT services work for you, remember:
A strong IT infrastructure is the backbone of a growing business.
Choose an experienced managed IT service provider
who will handle all day-to-day IT headaches, so you don’t have to!
To learn more about our services or schedule a complimentary consultation with our IT experts, please contact us.
Sign up for our Small Business IT Newsletter
Vission Technology Inc. is one of the only teams in the Greater Vancouver Area that provides Marketing and Web Development Services in addition to Managed IT services. Web Development Services entail Vission Technology Inc. assisting small business owners in helping to establish an impactful digital presence at any stage of their business. Vission Technology Inc. can be involved at any stage of the creation of a digital footprint starting from content creation to server hosting. With its excellent project management skills and years of experience, Vission’s services span every part of the Greater Vancouver Area (Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster, Delta, Coquitlam, and Langley).